Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Skype Baby Shower




Although we were able to get sound through the computer in order for everyone to see me and Eli they set up a large projection screen. I must admit it was a little embarrassing because from my computer I could see myself on the screen, but I hope they all enjoyed getting a peek at my new little guy!!





The first photo is my family, representing for me since I could not be there in person. In the photo below are the wonderful ladies from my home church that hosted our baby shower! We are so thankful for all your hard work, and creativity in putting this all together.













Unfortunately we do not live close to home, and although there are so many people near here that we know and love, there is nothing like home. With the birth of our new baby the sweet people from my home town wanted to celebrate with us, but logistically there was no way I would be able to make it home for a baby shower. And thus...the skype shower idea was born. We scheduled a date and time to meet on Skype. On my end we had Aaron, Eli and myself. On the other end were all the ladies from my home church. They shipped me the same banner and food so that I would get to share in the festivities and the shower was on!!




They had shipped me the gifts ahead of time too so that I would have some to open on my end. We set up the laptop on which we were able to communicate and the big screen for everyone to see. One by one they ladies took a turn coming up to the computer to talk to me and send their individual well wishes to baby Eli. Overall I would say it was a success...and a wonderful solution to the long distance problem. The only thing I would have changed was that right after the shower started Eli went to the bathroom all over my dress. Thank goodness they could only see my face....another bonus of a skype shower, you only have to look good from the shoulders up! And lets be honest they were all there to see the precious baby boy, not me!


1 comment:

  1. he pooped on your dress??!! bahahahahahahaha!
    that stinks about his nose being stopped up!
    i laughed at the using saline every day... poor Lennon goes through bottles every month.. literally bottles/cans of it.

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers