Saturday, May 28, 2011

A day of firsts

I started running again today. I know I havent technically been cleared to do so by my doctor, but Im tired of sitting around doing nothing. Plus my wonderful husband just bought me new running shoes and I was dying to try them out! I only made it about .6 miles running and .2 walking but hey I would say thats not bad for my first time back in the game! PS these Vibram 5 Fingers are awesome, and make for a great leg workout even if its only 10 minutes!! Tonight we also decided to try giving Eli a bed time for the first time. My friend Natalie recommended coming up with a bed time routine and getting them in the habit of going to bed at the same time. Now I know he is only 3 weeks old, but its never too early to start! We gave him his first real bath in his little tub, put him in his robe, fed him, read to him from the Bible and put the little guy to bed.

Needless to say, it didnt go quite as smooth as we had hoped, and we had to go rescue him like 18 times, for feeding and diaper changes and what not, but hey we gave it a shot, and we will try it again tomorrow night!

But how cute is the little robe?? LOVE IT!!!!



2 comments:

  1. The bedtime routine has worked wonders for my daughter. It really does seem to help her unwind -- though at the beginning, we also had a bunch of nights where she needed to be rescued and fed/changed/snuggled! It definitely gets easier and they start to recognize the routine of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to get some of those 5 Fingers for forever! Glad to hear you like them. Loving all the Eli updates...keeping me in the loop until I get to squeeze his little cheeks in July!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers