Monday, March 2, 2009

On the move...



































With my husbands job we're never certain of where we're going to end up. We're currently residing in a less than beautiful city in West Texas. Having just moved across country I was wary of yet another move, no matter how temporary. Though I came in expecting the worse, it has as usual proved to be quite an adventure.

While we've been here we have gotten a dog...well actually 2 dogs. The first was the sweetest, most lovable puppy ever. However he was huge, probably as tall as my husband on his back legs! He was a little clumsy and a bit of a goofball, but he was so obedient and so stinkin adorable. However, he broke one of his teeth and has been sent to Dallas for some extensive mouth surgery. Im hoping Rico pulls through just fine :)!!

Then there was Rocky....oh hes a trip. Hes about half the size of Rico and twice the width. He's not quite as obedient, but at least there is never a dull moment now around the house! Lets just say he loves to be next to his dad at all times, no matter if hes fixing food in the kitchen or relaxing on the couch....there's ROCKY!!!


For those of you who have never been to West Texas, I have included a few pictures to show you that the movies really do depict this area correctly....



The first one is a real life tumbleweed!! Look behind the rear tire, yup there it is! It was under my truck but my husband rescued me from the crazy plant life of the west and passed it on to the next vehicle. I'll be honest, I always thought those were just something the movies added, but oh no...they're everywhere!!


The second is a mountain pass I see every day! It is beautiful! But obviously very dry...not to much grass here either!!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know y'all already moved! You didn't even stay long enough for me to come visit you in AZ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never asked this.. and now I am curious! Do you both have your trucks there??? I'm sure you do since you can go out and about during the day. I would also like you to know that I am allergic to tumbleweed,I get very sneezy! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers