Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Joys of being a home owner...




So I went home to check on our house this weekend, and finally decided how we can be the one house on the street with a green yard....thats right...WEEDS!!


I know my camera cut off the bottom half, but look at this weed that has grown in only a few weeks. At first I almost watered it thinking it was one of my plants. But no, it was a weed, one of many that covered my yard. This was the first time I really missed living in an apt. Oh the bliss of simply having beautiful landscape without lifting a finger.



Then I had to try pulling newspaper out of our pool drains with one of those long pool poles. Now dont get me wrong, Im not opposed to cleaning the normal leaves and what not out of our pool, but I am almost convinced people walk on the street behind our house and just throw stuff in the pool. I think the whole dang newspaper was in those drains...ornery little paper boy!



After that I just ran some water through all of our plumbing to make sure it was still up and running. If anything is going to happen in your house, you better hope its not the plumbing that messes up. Talk about dirty clean ups, and yes this is speaking from experience. Dont worry I'll spare you the dirty details, and just tell you, Im glad we have a rocky yard, just spray it down and keep on trucking.



But it all pays off...this whole house thing. I mean you get to design it any way you want, and you feel really blessed when you keep a plant alive. See plum tree stage right :)!!

Secretly though, Im fairly certain anyone could keep things alive in AZ. All the plants can stand the extreme heat and dont require much water. So yes, I've only watered this tree like 3 times in the last 6 months and look at it go, but Im going to take credit for it anyway. Well and give God some props for creating such a beautiful thing able to stand the desert climate.

1 comment:

  1. you make me laugh and i'm glad you're keeping me updated now!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers